- How long will it take to receive my coffee ?
- We ship twice a week:
- Orders received between Thursday and Sunday will ship next Wednesday.
- Orders received between Monday and Wednesday will ship next Thursday.
- All orders ship through Purolator and normally take 1-2 business days for urban areas and 3-5 days for rural areas where we use Canada Post.
- Can I pick up and order in one of your locations ?
- Local pickup isn't available for now. All order are shipped through Purolator or Canada Post from our roasting facility.
- What are the shipping costs ?
- For the Province of Québec, shipping is 7$ for orders under 35$.
- For the rest of Canada and beyond, costs are calculated on checkout depending of the location.
- How can I modify my subscription or change the frequency of orders?
- In the "My Account" section, you will see a "Manage my subscriptions" button. If you do not have an account, we strongly suggest that you Create an account.
- Can I cancel my subscription?
- You can cancel your subscription at any time. If you just want to take a break, you can skip an order. In the "My Account" section, you will see a "Manage my subscriptions" button. If you do not have an account, we strongly suggest that you Create an account.
- Can I give a subscription as a gift?
- Yes, you can give a subscription as a gift. You can enter a delivery address different from your billing address and we will take care of the delivery without an invoice.
- Can I subscribe to a Récolte Series coffee?
- At this time, we do not offer a single subscription on the Récolte Series coffees, except for the roaster's choices in the Récolte subscription or in the Origin + Récolte subscription. The Récolte Series lots are too small to offer an interesting regularity to subscribers. The roaster's choice allows you to taste a wide range of flavors with the chance to have a different coffee almost every time.
Freshness and conservation
- How long will my coffee stay fresh ?
- Besides the fact that coffee can be drunk years after the roast date, we advise you to enjoy it in the first two months.
- What is the best way to keep it fresh ?
- Keep it in it's original bag and make sure to empty the air before closing the zip tie.
- Avoid storing it the fridge or the freezer. Humidity and temperature changes will dull the aromas and contribute to a stale taste.
- How fresh will be my online order ?
- Your coffee will be particularly fresh since we roast twice a week.
- You'll find the roast date under the bag.
- We suggest that you wait a minimum of 4 days after the roast date to enjoy all the taste and aromas of your coffee.
- Can I order my coffee ground ?
- Absolutely! When you choose a coffee, you can also pick a grind option.
- How can I chose the correct grind size for my equipment ?
- Please see our grind guide here : "Help me choose the correct grind size"
- If you don't find the information you need, you can specify your equipment if the Note field before checkout. If you already order and forgot to specify a grind, juste send us a message and we'll make sure everything's fine.
- Will your grind be ok for my specific equipment ?
- Since 2009 we tested many different grinds on multiple machines and equipments. Our guide will make sure that you'll have the best experience at home.
- It's my first time here, what do you recommend ?
- Our «Série Origine» is great for discovering our coffees.
- L'Ours Noir is a bold one with a strong taste.
- La Sève is our signature blend, perfect for lattés and espresso.
- L'Été Indien is suited for those wanting something sweet and smooth.
- Le Draveur is for the more adventurous, with a fruity side..
- Our «Série Récolte» gives you the opportunity to explore the best crops from a select collection of little farms or coops that we hand picked from the best.
- These roasts are fine tuned to bring a distinctive terroir profile into each cup.
- This is the best way to discover the large spectrum of aromas and tastes available nowadays in the coffee world.
Sustainability and organic certifications
- Is your coffee fair trade ?
- We don't offer fair trade coffee because we chose a different approach : direct trade. By ensuring traceability and less intermediaries we are confident to increase the benefits to producers in terms of revenue and long term recognition. All the details are available in our coffee descriptions.
- Is your coffee organic ?
- Our coffees come from very small producers who can't afford international certifications, even if they don't use chemical products on their crops or soil.
If you have any questions, please feel free to drop us a line! We'll be happy to share our knowledge and passion with you!